Monday, October 30, 2006

Oooooo La La

A fact I can't seem to ignore: Sri Lanka is a place known for it's beautiful gemstones, mined from the very land of the nation. That leads me to explain my latest temptation: I am in this land where high-quality, sparkly, shimmery stones are in abundance and available at a much lower cost than anywhere else. It seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase something so precious that I could wear and then pass down to my children. An incredible star saphire doesn't sound so shabby, huh? It would be a heirloom with a story. A personal conflict is attached to this desire though. How can I justify spending any money on these things that really have no value in the kingdom of God? My answer: I can't justify it. My comfort: Isaiah 61:10 "I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest and as a bride adorns herself with jewels." I am already beautifully 'decorated' with treasures from above, and know God has beautiful things in store for my children as well.

oh yeah... some important changes and prayer requests: I am still in Sri Lanka. I said goodbye to 6 of the students at the airport last night. Pray that they have a safe and smooth journey back to Bangladesh. I will be staying in Sri Lanka until things are sorted out with Almas' stolen passport. Pray for it's miraculous return and resolution! Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home