Love Pains
I have spent just over 2 months with 7 other people. We have been through a lot. We've claimed victories and learned from hard times, and we have done it together. We are a family. Any family I've ever been a part of always seems to experience growing pains. This family hasn't been any different.
Recently, I've been struggling as I am facing one of those family growing pains. It seems I can't show love the way I know how. Everytime I try, I am left feeling shunned and rejected. My intention is to help out of love, but it's received as an insult. I have been so frustrated. I care, but I feel hated for caring. I try to express, but I feel misunderstood. Time after time, I walk away feeling rejected. I am frustrated. I can't do anything right it seems. This has been a struggle for me since day 1, but I am reaching a new breaking point. I am feeling too rejected and so torn down. I don't even have a desire to try any more. I am tired and losing the energy to overcome it. Forget love, just get me through this.
Today, as I went to church with this burden, God showed me something incredible. He showed me how much He loves me....how much he has ALWAYS loved me, even when I didn't accept His love. Jesus came to this world in love. Jesus came to save us and express His incredible for us. Jesus came to a world who rejected this love. Talk about pain. Not only did the world reject the love, we beat Him and crucified Him for it. Yet He loved us through it all. Luke 23:34.
I know and never doubt Jesus' love, but I don't always accept ALL the ways He love me. I pick apart my appearence or my character rather than accepting and standing in the confidence of who God created me to be. I turn to coffee or milk for comfort instead of seeking Him. I also think of that nations of people who don't know or accept Jesus. Talk about rejection and hurt. Yet His love never changes. He wants so badly for His children to know and accept this incredible love. He never for a minute compromises it. His love is unfailing.
With all that in mind, hurting over a few people doesn't seem so painful when I think of the whole world that's on Jesus' heart!
Recently, I've been struggling as I am facing one of those family growing pains. It seems I can't show love the way I know how. Everytime I try, I am left feeling shunned and rejected. My intention is to help out of love, but it's received as an insult. I have been so frustrated. I care, but I feel hated for caring. I try to express, but I feel misunderstood. Time after time, I walk away feeling rejected. I am frustrated. I can't do anything right it seems. This has been a struggle for me since day 1, but I am reaching a new breaking point. I am feeling too rejected and so torn down. I don't even have a desire to try any more. I am tired and losing the energy to overcome it. Forget love, just get me through this.
Today, as I went to church with this burden, God showed me something incredible. He showed me how much He loves me....how much he has ALWAYS loved me, even when I didn't accept His love. Jesus came to this world in love. Jesus came to save us and express His incredible for us. Jesus came to a world who rejected this love. Talk about pain. Not only did the world reject the love, we beat Him and crucified Him for it. Yet He loved us through it all. Luke 23:34.
I know and never doubt Jesus' love, but I don't always accept ALL the ways He love me. I pick apart my appearence or my character rather than accepting and standing in the confidence of who God created me to be. I turn to coffee or milk for comfort instead of seeking Him. I also think of that nations of people who don't know or accept Jesus. Talk about rejection and hurt. Yet His love never changes. He wants so badly for His children to know and accept this incredible love. He never for a minute compromises it. His love is unfailing.
With all that in mind, hurting over a few people doesn't seem so painful when I think of the whole world that's on Jesus' heart!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home