Monday, April 02, 2007

Which do you enjoy more: the dance, or the one you dance with?

March 30th, 2007

Last week, someone shared with me a picture they saw whle praying for me. The picture was me follwoing God's footsteps. I wasn't following a clear path of footprints in this picture, but instead i tried to imitate each step God would take in front of me, ONE step at a time. If God took a big side step, I playfully did the same. If God took a mini step back, I playfully imitated.... and it became a dance.

I have to admit that this picture couldn't have been shared with me at a better time. As I have been learning more about the people I work with, I have been left so inspired by what has blossomed from their vision. Of course, after listening to their incredible stories of where God has brought them from and where they feel God is leading them, the conversation has naturally turned my way and they ask, "What is your vision?" After getting asked that question 4 or 5 times, my confidence in saying, "I don't know yet" has disappeared. Instead of resting in the faith that God will show me my vision when I am ready, I began toiling trying to figure out what my future might look like. That toil had muted my enjoyment of my dance. Following God's steps, one at a time, had recently become so difficult and tiring.

I am so thankful that God spoke through someone and brought me back to that place of enjoying the journey. More importantly, I am realizing that not only is it NOT about the destination, it really is NOT about the journey either. It's about enjoying HIM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home