Lois
Last night I met with my friend, Lois. Lois is a photographer who has traveled all around the world; Her list includes something like 63 nations. She came to Bangladesh 3 weeks ago and will be leaving for India in a few days. Although we've only known eachother for such a brief time, our friendship has been on that developed so naturally. I feel like I have known her most my life.
I have really enjoyed hearing about her experiences. It has been so encouraging for me to be able to see God's plan for her unfold in Bangladesh. She came here with what she describes as a gut 'feeling' and the pieces came together once she arrived. Her compassion, generosity, and skill to capture so much in a photo will continue to bless this nation even after she leaves. She has plans to hold an exhibition and sell her photographs when she returns to America to help raise money for the physically disabled population.
Tomorrow we are meeting for the last time and I will be sad to say good-bye. Thank goodness for email. Like my friend, Erin in Sri Lanka, I will do my best to keep in touch and hope for the opportunity to cross paths again. It is amazing how God takes care of me no matter where I go. He continues to bless me with such wonderful people whose impact lasts much longer than their presence. So for those of you who worry about me as a single gal in a foreign country, be assured that I am not alone!
I have really enjoyed hearing about her experiences. It has been so encouraging for me to be able to see God's plan for her unfold in Bangladesh. She came here with what she describes as a gut 'feeling' and the pieces came together once she arrived. Her compassion, generosity, and skill to capture so much in a photo will continue to bless this nation even after she leaves. She has plans to hold an exhibition and sell her photographs when she returns to America to help raise money for the physically disabled population.
Tomorrow we are meeting for the last time and I will be sad to say good-bye. Thank goodness for email. Like my friend, Erin in Sri Lanka, I will do my best to keep in touch and hope for the opportunity to cross paths again. It is amazing how God takes care of me no matter where I go. He continues to bless me with such wonderful people whose impact lasts much longer than their presence. So for those of you who worry about me as a single gal in a foreign country, be assured that I am not alone!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home